[Equest-users] Floor Alignment Problem

Nicholas Couture, LEED AP ncouture at emtec-engineers.com
Mon Nov 23 09:26:12 PST 2009

Hello,

I'm modeling a two-story building with basement and penthouse and am
having a slight problem (maybe??).  First I modeled the shells (one per
floor) and checked "immediately above" each other without specifying
coordinates.  The floor alignment was not correct (all floors were
centered with respect to each other) even though I used the background
of the floor below as a reference.  To try to fix this I left the
basement as it was without specific coordinates and plugged in
coordinates for the 1st Fl, 2nd Fl, and penthouse.  Now the 1st Fl, 2nd
Fl, and penthouse are aligned correctly with respect to each other, but
the basement is not aligned in the 3d view (see below).  The basement
appears to be aligned with the 1st floor in the custom building
footprint (see below), so there seems to be a conflict.

Can someone help me align these, and get rid of the floor heat transfer
between the basement and the 1st floor?

Also since I created multiple shells for each floor, do I need to go
into detailed edit mode and delete the underground floor components of
the upper levels?

Also any advanced procedures for what I did above would be beneficial?

thanks,

Nick Couture, LEED AP
Jr. Mechanical Engineer

3555 Veteran's Memorial Highway, Suite M
Ronkonkoma, NY 11779
Tel:  631.981.3990 ext. 230
Fax: 631.981.3971
ncouture at emtec-engineers.com

www.emtec-engineers.com <http://www.emtec-engineers.com/>

This message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of
the designated recipient(s) named above. This is not in anyway an
official statement of Emtec Consultants or solicitation to buy our
services. Emtec Consultants does not guarantee this Email transmission
to be secure or error-free. Any reproduction or changes to our drawings
and files without the consent of Emtec Consultants is strictly
prohibited.