[Equest-users] Utility Rates

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Thu Nov 19 13:10:42 PST 2009

My impression/experience is that the custom rate wizards are not
terribly difficult, so I just create a custom rate for each project.
Doing so after the wizard stage is a bit trickier and so its always
adviseable to do this before you hit "detailed mode."  If you're in that
scenario: start a separate file, jump back to the wizards, define the
rates, and then play the hunt-copy-paste game between the resulting .inp
files.

In the category of "I wish I knew this when I started..."  I would
suggest every time that you do this, name the rate something
identifiable (such as "Westar Energy Medium General Service"), and hit
that inconspicuous little save button at the top right corner of the
wizard screen (looks like a floppy diskette).  It will save you some
time on later models if you do this semi-often.

Regarding whether there are companies making these files for others -
not in my experience... I think the concept of creating a "library" of
files for everyone's common reference is a decent idea, but there's the
issue of any and all rates probably continually falling out of date with
rate/tariff changes.

~Nick

NICK CATON, E.I.T.

PROJECT ENGINEER