[Equest-users] PV and Solar Water Heating

Brian Fountain bfountain at greensim.com
Fri Nov 13 18:17:35 PST 2009

The bad news first -- right now there is no solar thermal model (air or
water) in eQUEST.  You will need to do the solar water calcs outside of
eQUEST (RETScreen or something better perhaps), and then you can reduce
your DHW by an equivalent amount as a workaround.  I understand solar is
something that will come in future eQUEST generations.

PV is done by adding an electric generator of type PV panel.  There is
not an extensive library of panel parameters (I think there is 1 in the
library), so you need to get your panel data from the catalog cutsheets.