[Equest-users] Skylights?

Joshua Wolfe jwolfe at geo-marine.com
Thu Oct 8 14:38:58 PDT 2009

Has anyone had issues from creating skylights in eQuest?

I saw a drastic change in energy use when creating a model in version 3.61e that I inputted into the new updated version 3.63b. Investigating further I found that eQuest creates two different roofs and roof constructions when skylights are included in the model. The program seems to ignore the skylight roof if its construction has a lower U-value than the main roof construction, but if the skylight roof construction has a higher U-value the main roof construction is negated. Any information on this issue is appreciated as I am still not understanding how eQuest calculates heat transfer through a roof containing skylights, thanks in advance.

BTW, the skylights compose less than 10% of the entire roof area in my particular case.

-Josh