[Equest-users] Baseline Airflow Autosizing

Matutinovic, Luka LMatutinovic at halsall.com
Mon Oct 26 06:32:31 PDT 2009

Reniel,

Are you referring to the sizing runs from G3.1.2.2.1?  If so, leave the
design cfm on each air-handler blank (see screenshot below) and eQuest
will size the flows based on the sizing option you've specified (Click
on a system, go the Basics tab, and see "Sizing Option").

If you need to size the baseline equipment capacity as per G3.1.2.2,
then multiply the auto-sized flows from the first step, by 1.25 for
heating and 1.15 for cooling and enter the result as the design cfm.

I think you might be able to do the second step directly by specifying a
sizing ratio (see second screenshot), although for whatever reason I
haven't done it this way in the past, so I'd be curious to hear from the
more experience eQuesters what approach they take.

Hope the helps,

Luka Matutinovic, B.A.Sc., LEED(r) AP

Green Building Consultant

T. 416.644.0649