[Equest-users] Chiller sequencing

Madhav Munshi madhavmunshi at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 13:46:50 PDT 2009

Hi Vikram,

On your chilled water loop, under the controls tab, you can create
'Equipment controls'. Create it for cooling and it will allow you sequence
your chillers according to the max load on the chiller. You can control the
load on the chillers by either sizing your chillers or setting the max load
on the chiller in the equipment control.

Hope this is adequate info.

Madhav Munshi
Atelier Ten

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Vikram Sami <VSami at lasarchitect.com> wrote:

>  I have a project that has two chillers – one older absorption chiller,
> and a newer centrifugal chiller that’s more efficient. The way the building
> will operate is that the absorption chiller comes online only if the
> centrifugal chiller cannot meet the loads. Is there any way to specify this
> in eQUEST?
>

> *Vikram Sami,* LEED AP
> Direct Phone 404-253-1466 | Direct Fax 404-253-1366
>
> *L**ORD**, A**ECK** & S**ARGENT** A**RCHITECTURE**
> *1201 Peachtree Street NE, Suite 300, Atlanta, GA 30361
> Responsive Design · Technological Expertise · Exceptional Service
> Please visit our new website | www.lordaecksargent.com
>
> P Think GREEN before you print.

regards

Madhav