[Equest-users] Condensing Boiler Curves

Robby Oylear robbyo at rushingco.com
Mon Oct 19 17:02:30 PDT 2009

Yes, you're looking at this incorrectly.  eQUEST performance curves do not
deal with efficiency, but rather energy use.  The output of eQUEST
performance curves is a multiplier which is multiplied directly with the
energy use the equipment would consume at full load.

For example, eQUEST calculates boiler energy use as follows:

Boiler Energy Use = Full Load Capacity x HIR x HIRfPLR

Where HIRfPLR = Z in your e-mail below.

Robby Oylear, LEED® AP
Mechanical Engineer
direct: 206.788.4571