[Equest-users] eQuest crashing...

Matthew Dubrovich mdubrovich at emcengineers.com
Wed Sep 2 13:41:46 PDT 2009

I have a model that has been crashing a lot but I can't track down why.  One time it could happen after changing a fan schedule by an hour, another time by adding baseboard capacities (or even changing capacities - 1,000 works, 2,000 crashes), or adding OA CFM to a zone (but adding OA/Person works fine provided its 18 not 16), or about a dozen other changes that I've noticed.  Typically it crashes around 18% or 34% simulation progress.  No errors show up in the sim file or elsewhere but it does create a large (66,888 kb) file called "FOR003" that is unreadable.  Any thoughts?  Has anyone run into this before?

Thanks,

Matt Dubrovich, P.E.
LEED AP

EMC Engineers, Inc.
www.emcengineers.com<http://www.emcengineers.com/>
Making buildings work.  Better.
(303) 974-1217 - direct
(720) 279-4426 - mobile
(303) 974-1239 - fax

Confidentiality Notice: This message and any materials attached are confidential, and are intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that unauthorized use, disclosure, copying, or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error please notify the sender and destroy your copy immediately.