[Equest-users] VAV Fume hood exhaust with Energy Recovery

Bouchard, Jordan Jordan.Bouchard at stantec.com
Thu Sep 3 12:08:15 PDT 2009

Hello,

I am currently trying to model a laboratory with VAV fume hoods in
eQUEST. The lab exhaust is tied to the general exhaust. When the fume
hood demand goes up, the general exhaust goes down, all to maintain a
constant overall exhaust and a negative pressure relationship to the
neighboring offices.

My problem is that the project is incorporating glycol run-around loops
into the exhaust and that heat is routed back to the AHU. If I input the
exhaust into the Zone, I understand that I will not realize any heat
recovery because only the central exhaust can do that. Is there a way to
model this properly or do I have to model the fume hoods in the zone
with air-flow tracking and not capture any of the heat recovery savings.

Thanks,

Jordan