[Equest-users] Two HVAC system definition problems

Lars Fetzek lfetzek at phoenixeng.us
Fri Sep 18 07:27:37 PDT 2009

eQuesters and DOE2-2ers,

    I have two problems concerning the code below, from my .inp file as
processed by eQuest into a BDL file:

1.    Per my e-mail yesterday, I am trying to figure out how to make line
3275 do hot-gas reheat.  Any ideas?  Apparently, the only gas that DOE2-2
recognizes is combustible natural gas - not what I intend here.

2.    What is the problem with line 3278?  According to text page 361 (PDF
page 368) of the DOE22Vol2-Dictionary.pdf, this line is permissible and
meaningful.  What I am trying to do is simply tell eQuest that HVAC has a
constant 216 CFM of OA.  Since DOE2-2 won't allow such a simple thing, I'm
trying to define it instead as 10.29% of the 2100 CFM that this PSZ delivers
to the single zone that it serves.  Any ideas?

    I'm tired of reverse-engineering the whole world just to tell eQuest
simple little things.  However, if I do things in eQuest proper instead of
in the .inp file, then I have no idea what variables trump other variables,
or even how to conjure all of the mysterious data that eQuest shows/asks
for.

    Thanks, everyone, for accepting my daily quiz.

Lars Fetzek, EI
Phoenix Engineering Group
Tampa, Florida

    *3272 * "HVAC3 System" = SYSTEM
     *3273 *    TYPE             = PSZ
     *3274 *    HEAT-SOURCE      = ELECTRIC                  $verify
     *3275 *    ZONE-HEAT-SOURCE = NONE                      $How do I make
this hot-gas reheat?
     *3276 *    BASEBOARD-SOURCE = NONE
     *3277 *    MIN-SUPPLY-T     = 51.36
     *3278 *    MIN-OA-METHOD    = FRACTION-OF-DESIGN
*ERROR**************************** ==================
****************************************ILLEGAL CODEWORD
     *3279 *    FAN-SCHEDULE     = "HVAC3 Fan Sch"
     *3280 *    FAN-PLACEMENT    = DRAW-THROUGH
     *3281 *    FAN-CONTROL      = CYCLING
     *3282 *    SUPPLY-KW/FLOW   = .000749
     *3283 *    SUPPLY-DELTA-T   = 0 $Net capacity value used
     *3284 *    COOLING-CAPACITY = 88170
     *3285 *    COOLING-EIR      = .316
     *3286 *    CRANKCASE-HEAT   = 0
     *3287 *    CONTROL-ZONE     = "Zone Space 3B"
     *3288 *    ..