[Equest-users] Cooling hours unmet

Matthew Higgins higgins at edi-arch.com
Fri Sep 11 09:30:21 PDT 2009

Patrick - Because it's a VAV system you have to input a value for the
reheat temperature, which is usually a killer for that system type.

If you have that specified you might look at the HVAC summary tab for
the project which summarizes each unit and associated zone. There you
might be able to determine which zone is troubling your hours.

I've also found that an inappropriate control zone can skew the hours
for an associated system and project. Your zone air volumes may also be
the issue depending on whether they were modified or not by the original
user.

Hope that helps!

Matthew Higgins, LEED AP + ASHRAE-HBDP
Environmental Dynamics, Inc.
Architecture and Sustainability Consulting Services
505.242.2851 x.103

Any data provided by the Consultant, verbal or written, are to be considered opinions of building energy and/or daylight performance. The Client understands that the Consultant has no control of occupant habits, equipment or material performance or characteristics, site or climate conditions or the Contractor's method of assembly, and that the Consultant's opinions regarding building energy/daylight performance are made on the basis of the Consultant's professional judgment and experience. The Consultant makes no warranty, express or implied, that the energy/daylight performance of the building will not vary from the Consultant's opinion of building energy/daylight performance.