[Equest-users] Heating Hours Unmet

Bishop, Bill wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Mon Sep 14 04:54:10 PDT 2009

Kyle,
Like Jeremy says, if you are modeling System 3 in Appendix G then you
should have one system per zone (as described in the 90.1 User's Manual,
p.G-23). One thing to check for unmet heating hours is your zone
BASEBOARD-CTRL (assuming you have perimeter heating). Set it to
Thermostatic. If you try to satisfy multiple zones with one single zone
system, try changing the control zone, manually adjusting the supply
flow to individual zones, and/or setting interior walls to "Air" walls
where appropriate (such as for zones where air is supplied to one and
returned from the adjacent zone).
Regards,
Bill

William Bishop, EIT, LEED(r) AP | Pathfinder Engineers & Architects LLP
Mechanical Engineer

134 South Fitzhugh Street
Rochester, NY 14608
T: (585) 325-6004 Ext. 114