[Equest-users] simulating building performance

Clayton.E.Dumcum at jci.com Clayton.E.Dumcum at jci.com
Tue Sep 15 06:43:24 PDT 2009

Sara,

Sometimes the downloaded weather file is empty.  Go to your Weather/TMY2
folder in the eQuest Data directory and delete the .bin weather file. When
you re-run the simulation, eQuest will reload the weather file.  This
should clear up your error.

Clayton

"Lars Fetzek" <lfetzek at phoenixeng.us>
Sent by: equest-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org
09/15/2009 08:34 AM

"'Sara Ghalayini'" <sara_ghalayini at yahoo.com>,
<equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [Equest-users] simulating building performance

Sara,

                 Though I am not familiar with this error, in particular,
my
suggestion for fixing it is the following, which has workwed for some
other
errors when I didn't want to start over in the wizard:

1.  Save and close the project.  Make a backup in a separate folder, just
in
case the rest of what I suggest fails.
2.  Start a new project and use the wizard to set the weather/geographic
location.
3.  Save and close the new project.
4.  Open the .inp file for the new project in notepad.
5.  Copy and paste the weather/geographic lines of code from this .inp
file
to the .inp file in the original project, overwriting the corresponding
data
there.
6.  Close the .inp files in notepad.
7.  Re-open the modified original project .inp file in eQuest.  If it
works
out, save it under a different name/folder and delete the other projects
that have been produced by this procedure.

     Good luck!

Lars Fetzek, EI
Phoenix Engineering Group
Tamps, Florida