[Equest-users] Non-existant DHW recirc loop

Lars Fetzek lfetzek at phoenixeng.us
Tue Sep 15 07:37:57 PDT 2009

 eQuesters,

	My project is quite simple from a plumbing perspective, as the DHW
system has only dead-ends fed from electric water heater.  There is no
recirculation loop, per se.
	But... eQuest wants a recirc loop, lest it give me an error.  The
bottom of page 231 of the DOEVol2-Dictionary_47b.pdf (which won't allow
copying into this e-mail) indicates that the LOOP-RECIRC-FLOW can be set to
zero.  However, the penultimate sentence says that I must provide for some
return flow for the pump - nevermind that there is no pump on my project.
	Does anybody know how to model a simple system such as mine?
	For reference, code previously generated by the wizard is this, the
correctness of which is not clear to me:
"DHW Plant 1 Loop (1)" = CIRCULATION-LOOP
   TYPE          = DHW
   DESIGN-HEAT-T = 140
   PROCESS-FLOW  = ( 0.391922 )
   PROCESS-SCH   = ( "DHW Eqp Nres Sch" )