[Equest-users] Variable Speed Pump

Bishop, Bill wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Wed Sep 23 08:54:22 PDT 2009

Tim,

Do the boilers have their own circulating pumps? Right now you just have
a single pump handling two boilers and a decent-sized hydronic loop.
Also, verify the control valve type. You have three-way at the system
level and mostly two-way for the baseboards. You could also try
combining the VFD with a reset schedule for the HW loop since you
probably don't need 180F water all year.

Regards,
Bill

William Bishop, EIT, LEED(r) AP | Pathfinder Engineers LLP
Mechanical Engineer

134 South Fitzhugh Street
Rochester, NY 14608
T: (585) 325-6004 Ext. 114