[Equest-users] Basement Window in Well

Steven Savich ssavich at systemswestengineers.com
Tue Sep 29 09:39:23 PDT 2009

John you're correct.  Had to do this a few times.  You'll need to create
EXTERIOR-WALL surfaces and attach them to the space.  Straightforward to do
in the interface if you have only a few to deal with, but faster to create
in the .inp file if you have several walls & windows to make.  Remember to
allow the wall to be large enough to fit the window AND frame.

You'll also need to look at infiltration, since basement spaces in equest
are not given infiltration numbers in the Wizard, you'll need to deal with
that after the fact.

Steven Savich, LEED AP

Systems West Engineers

411 High Street