[Equest-users] Simple Building Shade Question

Heather.Hardie-Hill at CH2M.com Heather.Hardie-Hill at CH2M.com
Fri Apr 2 10:51:10 PDT 2010

Nick,
    I had the same issue a while back and never found a really good solution. I believe that building shades are only defined by rectangles. I used 2 crossed rectangles (as shown below) and then assigned shading schedules based on the types of trees they were. If you figure out a better way, PLEASE SHARE!

[cid:697164417 at 02042010-3408]

Heather Hardie-Hill

CH2M HILL

Industrial & Advanced Technologies

2020 SW Fourth Ave

Portland, OR 97201

________________________________
From: equest-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org [mailto:equest-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org] On Behalf Of Nick Caton
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 6:05 PM
To: equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Subject: [Equest-users] Simple Building Shade Question

Simple Building Shade Question:

Can these be defined as polygons?

Bonus Question (or, where am I going with this?):

Is it feasible to crunch a file containing only 2D shapes through GBS to create an *.inp so we can be import these polygons/coordinates in the correct format, which we could then assign to individual linked building shades, subsequently defining a shading schedule?

I wood tree-ly like to know (hint hint!!!)...

~Nick

[cid:697164417 at 02042010-3401]

NICK CATON, E.I.T.
PROJECT ENGINEER