[Equest-users] Unexplained Electric Space Heat

Salomon, Stephen ssalomon at smma.com
Mon Apr 5 12:06:40 PDT 2010

Hi,

I am modeling my design building that contains some AHUs, UHs, CUHs, and MAUs.  All of the heating in the systems comes from 3 hot water boilers that supply hot water coils in the air-side equipment.  The VAV systems have VAV boxes with hot water reheat coils and there are no electric resistance heating coils in the building.  However when I simulate the model I get an extremely large space heating load under the Electric Consumption.  Has anyone come across this problem?

Thank you for any ideas or help.

Stephen Salomon

Stephen E Salomon

Mechanical

Symmes Maini & McKee Associates, Inc.

1000 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138

t: 617.520.9238

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CAD4D1.4DDB9510]

f: 617.354.5758

ssalomon at smma.com<mailto:SSalomon at smma.com>