[Equest-users] WHOLE-HOUSE FAN ISSUE

King-Scott, Celia Celia.King-Scott at US.KEMA.com
Tue Apr 6 12:03:54 PDT 2010

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has tried to model whole-house fans in Equest.
I am trying to look at different energy efficiency measures and their
effects on a 2000sf single family home.
One measure is a whole house fan.
I have been reading some documentation about how to model this by
inserting some code (natural vent schedules, natural ventilation
assisting fan power etc.) into the .inp file but I don't think it is
being recognized or maybe I am not modeling it correctly.

Has anyone had any experience modeling whole house fans in Equest - in
the software itself or by adjusting the inp file?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks &
Best Regards,

Celia King-Scott
LEED(r) AP
Sustainable Design Consultant

KEMA Services Inc.
3605 5th Avenue, Suite A
San Diego, CA 92103
Mobile +1 619 309 7441

celia.king-scott at kema.com
www.kema.com/sustainable-buildings
This message may contain confidential or privileged information. If you
are not the addressee, please return the message to its sender and
delete it from your files.