[Equest-users] Heating Hrs Outside Throttle Range

Jeremy McClanathan jmcclanathan at CDiengineers.com
Tue Apr 6 12:39:21 PDT 2010

Hello All,

I have a heating hours outside of throttle range problem that I'm hoping someone can help me out with.  My model has a VAV system with hot water reheat.  For some reason, my central heating coil and zone reheat coils are not bringing the supply air up to the appropriate temperature required to maintain set point, even though they both have the capacity to do it.  I have tried using different temps and control options, and restoring defaults, but haven't had any luck.

Attached is an hourly report that traces temperatures and capacities through the air path, and screen shots of the heating inputs.  From the report, it looks like the HW loop and ERV are working correctly, and the CFM's are correct.  But for some reason, it appears that the heating coils are not ramping up as they should.

Thank you,

Jeremy McClanathan, LEED(r) AP
CDi ENGINEERS
4200 194th St SW, Ste 200, Lynnwood, WA 98036
P 425-672-1071 | F 425-778-8769

This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged information, as well as content subject to copyright and other intellectual laws.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not disclose, use, copy, or distribute the email message or its attachments.  If you believe you have received this email message in error, please contact the sender by reply email, immediately delete this email and destroy copies.