[Equest-users] Ventilation

Murray, Michael mmurray at murphy-stl.com
Tue Apr 13 12:13:10 PDT 2010

Dear equest users,

I've been trying to calculate savings for converting a 100% outside air
ventilation system to a 90% ducted return/ 10% outside air economized
unit. I set up the model using detailed mode, which I believe is the
only way I can specify directly the percentage of outside air. I'm
having trouble setting up the parametric runs to show this change, as so
far electrical consumption for ventilation fans has been identical. The
unit has DX coils for cooling and electric heat, so there should also be
some reduction in conditioning due to the circulation of air. So far I
haven't seen any difference between my two runs. Is it possible I have a
scheduling problem? Or is it possible that my parametric runs are setup
incorrectly? I'm new to equest, so any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Mike