[Equest-users] Space Tab's 'Description' Field: C-ACTIVITY-DESC

Eric Studer estuder at dmiinc.com
Wed Apr 14 05:18:26 PDT 2010

Hello,

Does anybody know how to use the 'Description' field in the detailed edit
Space Properties/Basic Specs tab within user defined default expressions?

This would be EXTREMELY handy to know how to use.  I have tried the
following approach to convert spaces described as 'APT' with the 'OCC
APTTEST YEAR' occupancy schedule:

IF (#L("C-ACTIVITY-DESC") == "APT") THEN

#SI("OCC APTTEST YEAR", "SPACE", "PEOPLE-SCHEDULE" )

ELSE #SI("OCC APT YEAR", "SPACE", "PEOPLE-SCHEDULE" )

ENDIF

I have also tried to define the activity description as a symbol table index
(#SI), but to no avail.  Is the problem the use of #L in conjunction with a
name beginning with 'C-'?

Has anybody successfully used the Description field in this way?

Eric

Eric Studer, PE, LEED AP
DMI
35 Walnut Street