[Equest-users] How to turn off cooling for a water source heat pump

Travis Miller tmiller at dcengineering.net
Tue Apr 20 13:21:44 PDT 2010

Hello,

I am using Equest to compare a couple of different systems for energy usage for a building that will be heating only. One of the systems is a water source heat pump connected to a boiler and a cooling tower. My question is what is the correct method of changing setpoints to eliminate the cooling load in the building? I have done it a couple of ways and get different results depending on what route it take. For example, changing the annual/week/day schedules to a high cooling setpoint, say 120°F does not eliminate the cooling load completely and actually raises the heating load for the building. Any ideas?

I am a beginner at using this program and just found this forum. Any help/recommendations would be much appreciated.

Travis Miller, PE
DC Engineering
123 W. Spruce St.
Missoula, MT 59802