[Equest-users] Equipment Sizing

M. Shields mshields at fstrategies.com
Mon Apr 26 14:42:53 PDT 2010

Hey eQuesters,

I am trying to figure out where to enter the size of my heat pump equipment
in the detailed interface.  As far as I can tell there are two places.  If I
go under the "Air-Side HVAC" tab then all of my systems are displayed on the
left side in the component tree.  Each system has two options I can right
click on, for Example "EL1 Sys1 (PSZ) (G.ENE1)" and "EL1 ENE Perim Zn
(GENE.1)", the second option being a sub tab of the first.  When I right
click on the main tab and go to properties there are "cooling" and "heating"
tabs which both have options for Total Capacity, which I would assume is
where I should enter my system sizes.  I then found on the sub tab when you
go to properties on the first tab "Basic Specifications" there is a "Zone
Cooling and Heating" area at the bottom which also has Total Capacity, which
was not the same as what I entered in the first area.  Should these match,
if not does anyone know what the difference between these two is?

Thanks,

Michael Shields