[Equest-users] Shell stacking options

Bishop, Bill wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Fri Apr 9 08:00:02 PDT 2010

Richard,

I usually use option 3 - create one shell per floor and add roofs as
necessary wherever the lower floors are exposed. (So create your shell
2/3 as one shell and create a roof(s) above the zones in shell 3.) This
requires copying/modifying polygons, which I find easier to do within
the input files. After you do it a couple times it's not so bad.

Regards,
Bill

William Bishop, EIT, BEMP, LEED(r) AP | Pathfinder Engineers &
Architects LLP
Mechanical Engineer

134 South Fitzhugh Street
Rochester, NY 14608