[Equest-users] error message: "ShellWiz has no validZnGrpWizchildren." --- too many shells?

Gary.Schrader at buildings.schneider-electric.com Gary.Schrader at buildings.schneider-electric.com
Tue Apr 13 13:14:10 PDT 2010

I have received this error on several occasions by screwing up the Zone
Group Definitions Screen in the DD Wizard. (Screen 14)

I have never liked eQuest's naming nomenclature, so I have always
renamed zone groups myself so that I can better keep track of what is
what. (e.g.. "Gym" as opposed to "EL1 Ground Floor Core")

If you delete all of the zone groups and then recreate them with your
own name, sometimes I experience being unable to assign the new groups
to spaces. When I click the mouse on a space, a context menu does NOT
appear as it normally does. In this case, I am "stuck" and cannot assign
a zone group to a space.

My experience has been that this error occurs much more commonly if you
have only one or two zone groups to assign to spaces.

Previous uses have already chimed in as to the solution... a manual edit
of the .pd2 file. Just thought I would give some background as to what I
have done in the past to cause the error.

Thanks,
Gary

Gary Schrader | Schneider Electric | Buildings Business | Energy
Solutions | Engineer I
Phone: +1 | Mobile: +1 913 217 8068 | Fax: +1 913 469 0206
Email: gary.schrader at buildings.schneider-electric.com | Site:
www.schneider-electric.com/buildings | Address: 16011 College Boulevard,
Suite 212, Lenexa, KS 66219, USA

*** Please consider the environment before printing this email.