[Equest-users] software language

Pasha Korber-Gonzalez pasha.pkconsulting at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 17:11:48 PDT 2010

Stephen,

I'm surprised this answer wasn't responded to earlier--this is an easy
one.   BDL is the language that DOE2 is written with, a.k.a. Building
Description Language.  Or also referred to as DOE-code...because it's it's
own thing.   Now I don't know the detailed orginiation history of this code,
but it was developed by the DOE and the DOE2.2 version is now being
developed by JJ Hirsch and Associates for use with DOE based programs or own
it's own, but now being primarily used with eQuest.

Other programs available such as VisualDOE, PowerDOE, etc also run the DOE
code, but it is usually using a previous version of the simulation software
(.i.e. DOE 2.1e)

Hope this helps.

Pasha