[Equest-users] Demand Controlled Ventilation

Victor Yeung Victor at invirosystems.ca
Wed Apr 28 11:21:07 PDT 2010

James,

This is from the eQuest help file:

OA-FLOW/AREA

This keyword allows the specification of a minimum zone outside air (OA)
flow rate per unit of zone floor area.  The use of OUTSIDE-AIR-FLOW will
over ride the value of this keyword.  The maximum of values resulting
from OA-FLOW/AREA, OA-FLOW/PER, and OA-CHANGES will be used unless an
over-ride value for OUTSIDE-AIR-FLOW is specified.

 I've also tested this out by varying the OA-FLOW/PER in a model I've
worked on.  The total energy consumption didn't change, which suggested
that my cfm/area rate was producing the larger cfm requirement and the
program ignored my cfm/person rate.