[Equest-users] Sketchup model into eQuest

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Mon Apr 12 10:38:26 PDT 2010

Matt,

Openstudio ties Sketchup to EnergyPlus, not DOE2/eQuest.

The last I looked into it, the only tangible import/export bridge being
built between Sketchup DOE2/eQuest was the LiveEnergy plugin (the
project formerly called Demeter).  I was involved in some developmental
bug/UI scouring.  That plugin appears to have further evolved into
"Greenspace Modeller:"
http://greenspacelive.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article
&id=58:greenspacelive-modeller&catid=39:product-descriptions&Itemid=66

On a cursory look, it appears to be a "for-cost" plugin, which may or
may not have retained its original *.inp export feature.  Don't really
have the time to investigate, but if you can I'd appreciate your sharing
your findings with us!

If you're interested in learning more about Sketchup generally as a
tool/bridge for energy modeling purposes, there are a number of threads
in the bldg-sim archives you may wish to peruse.

Best of luck,

~Nick

NICK CATON, E.I.T.

PROJECT ENGINEER