[Equest-users] WSHP COP penalty

Kevin Kyte KKyte at watts-ae.com
Fri Apr 30 07:42:44 PDT 2010

Beka,

What I have experienced is that more efficient equipment loose less energy into the air stream.  So a premium efficient motor may save kWh's but slightly increase the gas usage because it has less heat contribution to supply air.
20% sounds excessive, but a closer look is needed to determine the actualities.

Kevin