[Equest-users] WSHP COP penalty

Adam.Boyd at CH2M.com Adam.Boyd at CH2M.com
Fri Apr 30 08:31:38 PDT 2010

Rebecca, one sanity check on that number is that the increase in natural gas energy should be about equivalent to the electrical energy saved on the compressors for heating due to the increase COP. If there is a lot of simultaneous heating and cooling going on, the penalty might be even larger since your cooling units are rejecting less heat to the loop. That should give you an idea if something fishy is going on.

Adam

From: Nicholas Couture, LEED AP [mailto:ncouture at emtec-engineers.com]
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2010 6:48 AM
To: Shea, Rebecca; equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Subject: Re: [Equest-users] WSHP COP penalty

Rebecca,

If the COP is getting better as you mention 2.9 to 4.5, wouldn't you be saving heating electricity rather than getting a penalty?

Nick Couture, LEED AP
Mechanical Engineer

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CAE83F.8D5FCD10]

3555 Veteran's Memorial Highway, Suite M
Ronkonkoma, NY 11779
Tel:  631.981.3990 ext. 230
Fax: 631.981.3971
ncouture at emtec-engineers.com

www.emtec-engineers.com <http://www.emtec-engineers.com/>
This message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the designated recipient(s) named above. This is not in anyway an official statement of Emtec Consultants or solicitation to buy our services. Emtec Consultants does not guarantee this Email transmission to be secure or error-free. Any reproduction or changes to our drawings and files without the consent of Emtec Consultants is strictly prohibited.