[Equest-users] GSHP in DDE Mode - as an EEM

Taylor Sharpe newspectrum at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 16:00:46 PDT 2010

Hi everyone,

We have the goal of simulating a ground source heat exchanger as an EEM.
 eQuest's GSHP system looks useful and well-constructed, but we've just
finished the grueling calibration process and find ourselves unable to
create and apply the system in DDE mode.

We can create the individual components, but we're running into two
problems: the first is the issue of creating capacity curves, or finding
eQuest's default ones (which would be ideal).  The curves don't seem to be
accessible through the DDE mode, as if eQuest generates them only if it's
been told to through the wizard.

I created a dummy model and reverted to the wizard, so that I could
cross-compare inputs, but many of the values, curves etc. that the wizard
generated can't be selected or created when I try to work through the
process manually.

I know that the first two steps are to create a circulation loop and a
ground loop heat exchanger, but I'm at a loss as to what comes next, and how
to assign the system to zones once I've completed it.  Can it really be that
the only way to accurately simulate the technology is to go through the
wizard mode?

Thanks for your help!

-Taylor Sharpe
Energy Modeler-in-Training