[Equest-users] Help needed for a pitched roof error - urgent

YING ZHAO zhaoying09 at live.com
Thu Aug 26 00:27:24 PDT 2010

Hi All,
I have a eQuest model that failed to generate pitched roof over a complicated floor shape. Every time when the model is opened, eQuest shows an error, see below:

"The following issues were encounterd while calculating pitched roof intersections and planes for building shell 'xxx'.
Error: 10 - Not all roof surfaces could be completely generated.

Revising the roof shape may correct these problems."

and "DWGDirect error:O"

However, eQuest actually has generated a flat roof for the building and has no problem to run the model. No errors are actually shown in the output report. The roof U-value in the output report also looks fine.

I don't plan to go back to the Wizard mode to remove the error, which will cost too much time to re-enter the deteiled mode inputs. Also, I would leave flat roof there and change the layers to approximate the overall R/U-value of the pitched roof. However, is there any way to remove this errror by making changes in the detailed mode or by modifying the inp or pd2 files?

Thanks!

Ying