[Equest-users] (no subject)

Peter Hillermann peterh at westallarchitects.com
Tue Aug 10 08:30:04 PDT 2010

Namrata,

I would model the heat gain into the baseboard system. I had a conversation
about heating with our engineer and you just need to make sure that the heat
from the item and its efficiency are the same. The space does not really
care where the heat comes from. It would be just like putting a radiant
heater along a wall except you placed it in a window. Make sure to model the
specific heat gains accordingly.

If the window turns on and off you will need to figure out what the u-value
is when its off. It looks like they are compensating heat loss by
electricity versus heat loss by u-value of material. A radiant heater on a
CMU wall does the same thing. (Again architect and I'm making assumptions,
please feel free to correct.)you just heating the glass with electricity.

To me it looks more like a defroster you have on the rear window of your
car. If I were a betting man I know my car window in the back doesn't heat
up my car that much so I would be a little weary of this product.

Thanks,

PETER HILLERMANN

peterh at westallarchitects.com

westall