[Equest-users] University building with laboratory exhaust

Jeff Ross-Bain jeff at rbgb.com
Thu Aug 12 06:59:09 PDT 2010

Hi All,

I was hoping for a comment on a suitable approach for modeling a university
classroom building that has laboratory exhaust fume hoods. Of the three
floors, the lab hoods are only about a third of one floor but do have a
significant airflow discharge (with make-up). The building is about 50,000
sf.

I plan to develop a schedule for the fume hood fans and apply airflow to the
fans and have these be the same for the baseline and proposed cases. Do I
simply apply it to the standard exhaust inputs or is there a "lab hood" area
in eQUEST I cannot find? Any advice on how to capture and schedule this
exhaust would be helpful if this approach is not suitable.

Thanks for all of your help!

Jeffrey G Ross-Bain, PE, LEED, BEMP

Ross-Bain Green Building, LLC

404-228-2893