[Equest-users] Modeling Variable Speed Air Cooled Screw Chillers

Brian Fountain bfountain at greensim.com
Wed Aug 18 10:45:35 PDT 2010

  On the energy design resources website (www.energydesignresources.com)
there is a design guideline called "HVAC Simulation Guidelines" which
includes a section on "energy efficient chillers" and has a procedure
for developing custom chiller curves for DOE-2 -- including a table to
send to the manufacturer to get the required information.

There is also the CoolTools spreadsheet tool which also generates the
DOE-2 curve coefficients -- but I haven't played with it much so will
let others comment on its use/applicability to screw compressors.

Brian Fountain, Principal
GreenSim

voice - 519-489-0112
email - bfountain at greensim.com