[Equest-users] Modeling Light Shelves for Reduction inCooling/Heating Load?

Chris Jones cj at enersave.ca
Tue Aug 24 06:19:15 PDT 2010

I agree, the tool must suit the application.  My
intended message is that you can use equest for
daylighting, but you need to be aware that equest
is will produce the results based on the user's
input - garbage in, garbage out.  One needs to
take into account occupant behaviour.  I feel it
is better to use a equest/DOE2.1 for daylighting
savings as it captures the actual lighting demand
peak but I tend to adjust my doe2 models to
achieve a lighting power reduction similar to
what you would see if you used the PAF factors listed in Appendix G.

Chris Jones
14 Oneida Avenue
Toronto, ON M5J 2E3.
Tel.  416-203-7465