[Equest-users] Warning: ECONO-LOW-LIMIT = *UNUSED*

Anand.Varahala at us.schneider-electric.com Anand.Varahala at us.schneider-electric.com
Fri Aug 27 06:09:24 PDT 2010

All,

This is a professional listserv and we sure have the need to keep that in
mind. Also, when we post questions, if we include the research we have
already done, it will leave the responders with a reduced chance of
"flaming", and can be helpful to other users as well.

That being said, Adrian, here is what I believe you need:

ECONO-LOW-LIMIT
for all economizer types, specifies a minimum temperature below which the
outside air dampers return to their minimum position. If not specified,
there is no minimum allowable temperature.
This feature may be useful when the building has a heat-recovery chiller,
and it is desireable to run the chiller at low outside-air temperatures to
provide space heating. It may also be useful for buildings having
humidifiers, where the use of extremely cold, dry outside air to provide
space cooling may actually introduce an energy penalty (but see
ECONO-MIN-W for a better way to integrate an economizer with a
humidifier).

Thanks.

Anand Varahala, LEED® AP  |   Schneider Electric   |  Energy Solutions  |
Application Engineer
Phone: +1 (919) 227-3920  |   Fax: +1 (859) 962-4561  |   Mobile: +1 (919)
720-0769
Email: Anand.Varahala at us.schneider-electric.com  |   Site:
www.schneider-electric.us  |   Address: 4917 Waters Edge Dr, Suite 270,
Raleigh NC 27606 USA