[Equest-users] Direct Evaporative System

James Newman James.Newman at me-engineers.com
Wed Dec 8 09:21:08 PST 2010

Hello,

I'm trying to model a building that is using a direct evaporative system for cooling and the heating is from a central steam system. The issue that I'm facing is that the direct evaporative cooling isn't able to satisfy all the cooling load hours so I have supplemented the cooling with a DX system that has an Appnedix G (EER) rating. I'm not sure if this is the right way to handle this or if I should just have unmet cooling load hours, but I feel as though the USGBC will come back and want the cooling hours to be satisfied for both the design and baseline building.  I was curious if anyone has had a building like this that they have submitted for LEED and what they did or how the USGBC commented and would like the model to be designed.

Thanks,

James M. Newman, EIT, LEED AP
Project Engineer / Energy Analyst

M-E Engineers, Inc.<http://www.me-engineers.com/>