[Equest-users] Bad Building Components Exist error fix

Zabaneh, Christopher czabaneh at davislangdon.us
Tue Dec 14 11:18:20 PST 2010

I've been handed a 'clean up' model that was started in eQUEST and then modified in DOE2 by the original modeler. Numerous changes are required for LEED (and I'd rather not do them in DOE2 if possible)

I re-imported the model in to eQUEST and I keep getting an error "48 Bad Building Components Exist" and then the model will not run.

I noticed a thread saying that these components should be highlighted in the *.BDL text file, however, I don't seem to be able to find them.

How (specifically) will I be able to fix these errors? Can it be done from eQUEST or must it be done from the text file? What should I be looking for?

[Lastly, has anyone had issues when re-importing a model back into eQUEST?]

Thanks in advance,

Christopher Zabaneh, LEED AP BD+C
D +1 310 460 3877
czabaneh at davislangdon.us<mailto:czabaneh at davislangdon.us>

Davis Langdon, An AECOM Company
301 Arizona Avenue, Suite 301, Santa Monica, CA 90401
T +1 310 393 9411  F +1 310 393-7493
www.davislangdon.com<http://www.davislangdon.com>
www.aecom.com<http://www.aecom.com>

This email, along with any attached files, is confidential and is intended to be read only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email.