[Equest-users] heat recovery and zone exhaust

James Hansen JHANSEN at ghtltd.com
Wed Dec 15 06:59:26 PST 2010

I'm having the typical issues with getting an enthalpy wheel to show
appreciable savings.  I've adjusted some of the control sequences, and
have managed to show a savings in cooling energy, but I'm getting no
heating savings, which is strange, unless my building is actually asking
for cold OA during the winter because of the rather large internal heat
loads (my guess is that this is true).

My question is whether you HAVE to define zonal exhaust airflow rates to
properly show the savings from heat recovery, or if the program knows
that the exhaust will roughly match the OA delivered to the space?  Do I
have to turn on exhaust tracking?

GHT Limited
James Hansen, PE, LEED AP

Senior Associate