[Equest-users] boiler and chiller serving multiple buildings

Yehuda Israel Yehuda at NewSource-Energy.com
Wed Dec 8 07:25:27 PST 2010

John

Thank you for your help.

I have a question on what you said.  The boiler and chiller that service the eight buildings are extremely big.  Anyway I have to start the model in the DD Wizard.  If I make eight different shells and show seven buildings without a boiler or chiller, it seems that I could

From: John Aulbach [mailto:jra_sac at yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2010 7:06 PM
To: Yehuda Israel; eQuest
Cc: bfrank at newsource-energy.com; Hanan Waizman; howard at newsource-energy.com
Subject: Re: [Equest-users] boiler and chiller serving multiple buildings

Yehuda:

I surmise that all eight buildings are on the central plant with the chillers and boilers you describe. eQuest doesn't know that your 8 buildings are separate buildings, just more zones. I would describe your zones (in the Detailed Edit mode) such as "Building 1-North Zone" or "Building 8-Lobby" and put all the zones on one massive CHW and HHW loop.

You can also make these loops Secondary loops, if the Central Plant has its own loops.

Have fun !!

John R. Aulbach, PE, CEM

Senior Energy Engineer

  _____

Partner Energy

1990 E. Grand Avenue, El Segundo, CA 90245
W: 888-826-1216, X254| D: 310-765-7295 | F: 310-817-2745

 <http://www.ptrenergy.com/> www.ptrenergy.com  <mailto:%7C%20jaulbach at ptrenergy.com> | jaulbach at ptrenergy.com

  _____