[Equest-users] Lake/Well Loop based HP as DHW preheat

Pasha Korber-Gonzalez pasha.pkconsulting at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 10:38:08 PST 2010

Hi Eric,

I'm going to try and remember this off the top of my head instead of
searching for an old project file.   I think that you will need to have 3
circulation loops in your Plant side.  a CHW, HW, and L/W Loop.   The HW
side of the loop should be able to connect to the DHW.  If it doesn't work
this smoothly, then you might have to have two HW loops.  One you connect to
the DHW, and one you connect to your air-side systems.

That's my first guess.   I would also suggest that you read through the
Loop-to-Loop chillers & Water-toWater chillers again in Volume 2 so that you
can identify how these equipment will supply DHW preheat...which can be done
in DOE2.

Sorry I can't offer you more details at this time.

Pasha