[Equest-users] Baseline Rotation Existing Building

Ömer Moltay omoltay at mimtarch.com
Sat Dec 18 07:52:24 PST 2010

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Following up on this: ASHRAE 90.1 also says that
baseline building shall be modelled so that it does not shade itself.
This allows for earning credit for innovative design where shading is
beneficial. However, since there is no design possibility for an
existing building, does the same logic follow to the conclusion that the
baseline building for an existing building should be allowed to shade
itself?

Thanks,

Ömer Moltay
Mimta