[Equest-users] dwelling unit / residential LPDs

Joe Snider joe at sequil.com
Wed Dec 8 14:34:39 PST 2010

Wow.  Fantastic dialogue everyone, and greatly appreciated.

It sounds like the strategy we used has been approved on multiple projects
in the past, but in our case has been denied.

To recap, we did Space-by-Space Method, using 1.1 w/sf for baseline in
living / bedrooms and our specific hardwired fixtures for our proposed.

In the denial, reviewer referenced "a CIR" which we can only assume was the
2/23/2007 CIR referenced by some here, and reviewer told us we needed to
model all dwelling unit lighting as 1.1 w/sf for both proposed and baseline
(without distinguishing between plug-ins and hardwireds).

While we feel that our method was pretty reasonable, we'll likely appeal
under that CIR which opens the door for exceptional calculations.

Anyway, something to keep in mind for others in the future.  As we all know,
LEED reviews are not created equal..

Thanks again for all of the help.  I hope I can reciprocate with as much
value in the future.

Sincerely,

Joe Snider

---