[Equest-users] Fan modeling as per Appendix G

mabiz at cox.net mabiz at cox.net
Mon Feb 8 08:28:40 PST 2010

G3.3.2.4 Fan System Operation states:  "If the supply fan is modeled as cycling and fan energy is included in the energy-efficiency rating of the equipment, fan energy shall not be modeled explicitly."

I have a project with PSZ-HP packaged heat pump units SEER 13.0 in the baseline design.  Does the statement above mean that I can't use the equations in TABLE G3.1.2.9 Baseline Fan Brake Horsepower when setting up HVAC system fans in the DD wizard screen 4 of 7?

Any insights on this would be greatly appreciated.

Mark Beaudry