[Equest-users] Building Energy Engineer Position

Austin Hermsen ahermsen at enermodal.com
Mon Feb 8 09:52:59 PST 2010

Want to make a difference in the world? Put your values to work with
Enermodal Engineering!

- Help create more energy efficient and sustainable buildings and
communities.
- Join an office of engineers who work hard to be on the leading edge of
energy efficient design
- Commit to work that you are passionate about.
- Leave a smaller ecological footprint.
- Enjoy co-workers who support your values.

Enermodal Engineering is a thriving 14-person office of energy consultants,
LEED consultants, and commissioning agents. Our soon-to-be certified LEED
Platinum office is located just outside of downtown Denver in the historic
Uptown neighborhood. Our office is very laid-back: dogs and flip-flops are
embraced. We recycle nearly everything. We have daily outings to the local
coffee shop, as well as weekly office gatherings (lunch is provided). This
office environment helps motivate us to consistently do great work.

We are known throughout the United States and Canada as leaders in the field
for our consulting work and research in building energy efficiency. We’re
quite proud of our most recent projects around Colorado and the United
States that have achieved significant energy savings:

- The Durango Public Library: Colorado’s first LEED Gold library
- 1800 Blake: Xcel Energy’s headquarters pursuing LEED Platinum
- Hannaford Supermarket: World’s first LEED Platinum supermarket
- New Orleans Public Schools: Fantastic stories of renewal
- The Denver Museum of Contemporary Art: LEED Gold
- National Park Service: National Mall Reflecting Pool
- NREL: Projects across the country
- The Spire: LEED Certified
- Xcel Energy: Energy Design Assistance program
- Park Avenue Green: Enermodal’s US headquarters pursuing LEED Platinum v3

We are hiring a self-motivated, creative, and experienced Building Energy
Engineer with excellent technical, project management, and written & verbal
communication skills. We are looking for an individual with a strong
commitment to energy efficiency, customer service and a responsible work
ethic.

Qualifications:
- Minimum of five years professional experience in energy modeling of
commercial buildings for LEED
- Undergraduate degree in mechanical, electrical, or architectural
engineering (PE is preferred, but EIT is acceptable) and LEED accreditation
- Proficiency in performing building energy simulation and analyzing results
with tools such as DOE2 (eQuest), EnergyPlus, IES, Ecotect, and RETScreen.
- Experience managing projects
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office products, especially spreadsheet
and word processing tools

Key responsibilities:
- As part of the design team, analyze effectiveness and provide input on
energy conservation and renewable energy strategies, and make
recommendations for cost effective improvements
- Develop computer modeling of energy, daylighting and thermal performance
of buildings and building assemblies, and communicate analysis results in
written reports
- Coordinate the energy analysis process with architectural design teams,
and update energy simulations as the design progresses
- Perform ASHRAE 62 calculations for outdoor air requirements
- Prepare modeling reports and calculations for LEED submissions
- Review design documents (plans, specifications, shop drawings) as they are
developed to ensure that the intended energy efficiency measures are being
incorporated into the design
- Design and execute monitoring plans to analyze the performance of new and
existing buildings
- Knowledge of heat transfer, thermodynamics and building systems (e.g. HVAC
and lighting)

Please include the following in your correspondence:

A. A cover letter that includes:
1. An overview of your key strengths, both professionally and personally.
2. A description of your activities in the sustainable green building
movement.
3. The reasons you feel you’re a great addition to the Enermodal team.
B. Your resume.
C. A writing sample.
D. Any additional information you feel is beneficial in our understanding of
you and your work.

Submit your cover letter and resume to Stan Wagner – swagner at enermodal.com.
Include “Building Energy Engineer” in the subject line.

Successful applicants will be called to schedule a phone interview. After a
successful phone interview, an in-person interview will be scheduled which
will include a writing test and demonstration of computer proficiency