[Equest-users] Reproducing Unmet Hours

STEVE SAMENSKI steve at thespinnakergroupinc.com
Sat Feb 13 14:59:00 PST 2010

It seems I spend a great deal of time with eQuest trying to reduce unmet
hours in a model.  One thing I¹ve tried is having eQuest produce an hourly
report of a problem zone¹s temperature and T-stat setting, exporting the
data to Excel and then searching it for patterns.  This approach has a few
problems:

1. I can barely figure out how to create the hourly report I¹m looking for.
The reporting function (in the Detailed Data Edit mode, under Project &
Site, Hourly Reports) isn¹t very intuitive, and I can¹t find any
documentation on it.  Has anyone found the docs on this?  (I¹m currently
working through the relevant sections of the DOE 2-2 Dictionary, trying to
cross reference between the inputs to eQuest and the BDL file generated from
those inputs.  I¹m just wondering if there¹s a short-cut somewhere.)
2. Once I get the data in Excel and do some filtering, I can never get the
exported data to match the unmet hours found in report SS-R.  The Excel
analysis seems to always overstate the unmet hours.  Has anyone had any luck
reproducing the SS-R values?  Any ideas?
3. I¹d like to hear other user¹s experience.  Do you find that resolving
unmet hours is a significant part of your modeling time?

Steve Samenski, PE, LEED AP