[Equest-users] Workflow for Energy Modeling: Advice on Best Practices

Robert Des Rosiers desrosiers at studioma.com
Tue Feb 16 09:12:14 PST 2010

All:

We are currently developing an energy model to satisfy the Performance
Rating Method of ASHRAE for the LEED credit EA1 (Optimize Energy
Performance).  I do have some eQUEST training but I would still consider
myself relatively inexperienced -- this is my first official energy model
being used to satisfy the LEED credit.

I have developed both the baseline and proposed design models in the DD
Wizard and have since further refined the proposed design model in detailed
mode.

Questions:

What is the recommended workflow for completing this analysis?  By this I
mean, do the experts out there typically begin the models in eQUEST's wizard
mode and then move to detailed mode to refine the model?

Would you recommend moving the baseline model into detailed mode or is it
acceptable to keep the model in wizard mode if all components have been
inputted?

Is there any recommended resource material to help with this process
(books/reference manuals)?

Any advice regarding workflow is greatly appreciated.

Robert Des Rosiers, LEED-AP

STUDIO MA

130 N Central Avenue, No.300 Phoenix, Arizona 85004

Telephone 602 251 3800

Fax 602 251 3100