[Equest-users] How to Specify a DHW Loop Fuel Source? How to Add Misc Equipment (elevator, cooking equip...)

Robert Des Rosiers desrosiers at studioma.com
Wed Feb 17 13:13:18 PST 2010

Two topics here:

1. I need to insert a 9kW, 50gal electric hot water tank for my DHW system.
To do so I created a new hot water loop, circulation loop type "domestic hot
water".  By inserting this DHW loop I am getting the following error, "Loop:
Dom Hot Water has no attached primary heating equipment."  How do I specify
that this is an electric HW system?  How do I specify which space this
system is located within to account for the internal heat gains?

2. I need to insert some miscellaneous (process load) equipment into my
model; an elevator, some cooking and refrigeration equipment.  How do I go
about adding this type of process load equipment?  Again, how do I specify
which space this system is located within to account for the internal heat
gains?

Thanks all, your help is greatly appreciated -

Robert Des Rosiers, LEED-AP

STUDIO MA

130 N Central Avenue, No.300 Phoenix, Arizona 85004

Telephone 602 251 3800

Fax 602 251 3100